W14 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal Final Blog

 What a semester it has been!  It has been full of growth and learning throughout the entire semester.  I am so grateful for the opportunity of taking this class.  I have learned a lot of principles that I will be able to apply in my professional career.  

If I had one final lecture that I could share, it would be about how everyone's career path is unique and different.  I think that a lot of us get fixated on how our future is going to look like.  In reality, our future almost works out how we planned it.  Something will go wrong.  An obstacle is going to fall in the middle of our path.  It is how we respond that is most important.  Another thing I would add is that it's okay to start out as an employee.  Sometimes it is better for us to get up off of our feet and build a base.  This can take a lot of pressure of our shoulders at the beginning.  I would also talk about how it is important to get as much experience as possible and to become a well-rounded individual.  I think that our experiences can launch us forward in our career path.  

If I were to give advice to someone starting their entrepreneurial journey, I would tell them to be patient and to be an avid learner.  I think that a lot of entrepreneurs get discouraged when they start their journey.  They either don't make much money at the beginning or they experience a failure.  I think that it's important to recognize that you will most likely not be successful the first time around.  This is your first time doing it!  It's going to be hard.  However, you need to focus on what you can control.  Control the controllable variables!  If you can focus on that, you have done all that you can do and there's nothing to stress about.  

Thank you for the great semester!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W10 Entrepreneurial Journal Reflection

W05 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

W03 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal