W06 reflection

 I think that I learned a lot of valuable lessons this week.  I think that something that I really need to improve is my self-mastery.  I think that it is something that has somewhat held me back.  I think we all have dreams that we haven't acted upon.  We have all said at some point "One day I'll do it."  I think now that I'm getting closer to being done with college, I've realized that I've been saying that for a couple of years now.  One of those things for me has been going to the gym.  I used to be in really good shape when I was playing football in high school.  I had a couple of knee surgeries my senior year, and ever since then I truly haven't gotten back to what I used to be.  Not saying that I'm out of shape, but I'm nowhere close to what I used to be.  I can remember myself getting back from my mission and saying that I would get consistent again.  The longest that I've stayed consistent is probably 4 months straight.  The problem is looking back and realizing that if I was consistent for the last couple of years, I would be lightyears ahead of where I am today.  I do have a small sting of regret from that.  It's probably the worst pain that you could have.  I think that this is something that I can learn from and apply it from now on.  This pain would not exist if I had a stronger sense of self-mastery.  Instead of saying "One day," I need to say, "Day 1."  

Another thing I learned is that when we are tracking our progress, it's important to use measurements that will predict our success, not measurements that measure our end results.  By measuring our input instead of our output, we can get better feedback faster which will help us stay on course of reaching our goals.  That's what I learned this weekk.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W10 Entrepreneurial Journal Reflection

W05 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

W03 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal