W05 Reflection

 I think one of my favorite parts from "A Hero's Journey" was when he was talking about what it was like to live a hero's journey.  He said, "What does it mean to choose a hero's journey?  It means to live every moment of your life like it matters, because it does.  It means to live your life like you have an important mission, because you do."  This quote reminded me of a quote that I heard on a podcast the other day.  The guy I listened to said, "A man has two lives.  One is before he learns that he lives once, and the other is after he learns that he only lives once."  I think that this is something that everyone has to realize eventually.  It is something so powerful yet it's something so simple.  Before we have that realization, or that "mid-life crisis," it is VERY easy to just take life for granted and coast through it.  However when we do realize it, we need to figure out what we want to do with our lives, or in other words, what are my passions?  And what do I want to do with my life?  One of the videos that we watched talked about matching up our passions with opportunity.  We may have several passions in our lives, but if there is not opportunity for certain passions, it's probably not a great career or passion to chase after.  If we have a passion that lines up with opportunity, we should take it and run with it!  I think that we all need to realize that to some extent.  I always wondered why not everyone becomes an entrepreneur, but that video helped me recognize that we don't all have the same skills, passions, or opportunities.  Those are just a couple of things that I learned from this week, and I look forward to next week!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W10 Entrepreneurial Journal Reflection

W05 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

W03 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal