W05 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

 The readings this week had a lot of good insights.  This week had a general conference talk called Perseverance by President James E. Faust.  In his talk, he talks about necessary skills that we can learn on a mission.  He numbered them as follows:

1. How to organize and use time wisely

2. The importance of hard work—that you reap what you sow

3. Leadership Skills

4. People Skills

5. The value of gospel study

6. Respect for authority

7. The importance of prayer

8. Humility and dependence on the Lord

My favorite quote is when he said, "Success is usually earned by persevering and not becoming discouraged when we encounter challenges."

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to play sports in high school.  It taught me so much about hard work and perseverance.  It taught me how to work hard for what I want, and if I don't get it, to get up and try again the next year.  It taught me how to make a plan in order to reach my goals.  It taught me how to work as a team.  It made me feel like whatever I put my mind toward, that I could achieve it.  

I also liked the video called, "Not all Entrepreneurs are Rockstars."  In it it talked about the cost/benefits of becoming and entrepreneur, and that sometimes it isn't always the best path to help you do what you want to do.  It. made the point that if you had a great idea and that you worked for google, that idea could instantly impact 100 million people.  However, if you tried to do it by yourself, it would be a lot harder to reach 100 million people from scratch.  I think that this is an important ideology to have if that's the kind of work that you are trying to do.  That is what I learned this week.  

320 words



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W10 Entrepreneurial Journal Reflection

W03 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal