W08 Reflection

 There were a lot of things that I learned this week.  One of my favorite things that I learned is that as an entrepreneur we need to learn how to think differently than other people.  Most people's thinking process if logical and in a timing-oriented order.  However, in one of the videos that we watched, it suggests that we take a completely different stance on how to solve a problem.  Instead of doing what most people do, we have to look at the problem backward.  If we do this, we can find new insights and make more connections than if we were looking at the problem from the same angle.  

Something else that I learned this week was from Elder Holland's video.  Something that he said that inspired is "Don't you quit!"  I like Holland because he reminds me of all the coaches that I had throughout my sports career.  I think having a positive attitude and an attitude of relentlessness is super important in not only the gospel but in entrepreneurship as well.  It's especially important in entrepreneurship because we are our own boss.  We don't have anybody telling us what to do, so it's very easy not to push yourself.  I watched a video this week that talked about the difference between motivation and discipline.  If we solely rely on motivation, we're not going to be able to achieve our goals.  Motivation is sometimes hard to come by and it gets depleted rather quickly.  I think that this was the most powerful bit of information that I learned this week.  I remember thinking about this problem for hours and hours.  I always wondering how some people were simply able to get more done than me in a set period of time.  I'm now realizing that my work ethic came from the wrong energy source.  It's more important to be disciplined than motivated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W10 Entrepreneurial Journal Reflection

W05 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

W03 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal